Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Malaysian's language Part 2! =)

Yes! Finally, this is my first blog for this week, exam week, I had a serious food poisoning last few days, I couldn't sleep well and eat well, but God bless me, luckily I'm fine! =)!

Today I'm going to continue the part 2! I got back the Lydia Teh's book [Honk! If you're Malaysian] from my friend, I got a lot of funny examples that taken out from that book.


The following sentences is taken out from [Honk! If you're Malaysian]- Author, Lydia Teh.

English: Would you turn off the fan?
Manglish: Off the fan.

English: Oh dear, I'm going to be in deep trouble.
Manglish: Die.

English: Would you be so good as to turn on the tap please? Of course!

Manglish: Can on the tap-ah? Can!

English: Hi, Lucy. Haven't seen you for a long time. How are you?
Manlish: Hi, Lucy. Long time no see. So how?

English: Would you happen to have some coins? May I borrow 50 sen, please?
Manglish: Got coins or not? Can lend 50 sen-ah?

English: Siva, you seemed to have lost some weight.
Manglish: Siva, you gone down oredi.

English: These durians are really good!
Manglish: Best-lah the durian!

English: I'm not in the mood for a movie.
Manglish: No mood for movie-lah.

English: It's not necessary for you to trouble yourself.
Manglish: No need!

English: Why is that idiot honking away?
Manglish: That idiot horn for what?

English: Baby, why aren't you wearing your pants? You should be ashamed of yourself.
Manglish: Baby, why you no wear pants? Shame-shame-lah.

English: What are you talking about? That's absolutely ridiculous!
Manglish: You talk what? Rubbish-lah!

English: I have yet to pay the fine.
Manglish: Norchet pay fine.

English: Would you reverse your car?
Manglish: Gostan!


Okay, very clear, that's a big difference between English and Manglish! =) I've finished my blog oredi loh! Good Night! ^.^

By Soo Phik Tee

No comments: