Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Malaysian's language!

We communicate with each others by using language. Did all of you hear about "Manglish"? Today I'm going to share a lot about "Manglish"! =)! It's funny, but it's Malaysia culture. Let's start! Here is some example that taken from some web site. =)

But before that, let me give a simple definition about "Manglish".

English+Malay=Manglish
Mandarin+Malay+English=Rojak


Simple enough? LOL!

  • Why you so lidat wan?
- Why are you like that?

  • I dowan to talk to you anymore.
-I am not going to talk to you anymore.
  • You say correct onot?
-Do you agree with me?

And I also found some word that always come out from Malaysian. ^v^

Adjectives 1. pai-seh" - ashamed. (Hokkien)

Verbs
1. "gostan" - reverse a vehicle, apparently from the nautical term "go astern" Sometimes also expressed as "gostan balik" (lit., reverse back)


I also found something that commonly used of Manglish.

"LAH" - It's always at the end of the sentences.
  • Don't like this LAH!
"NIA" - Similar to ONLY.
  • I got 2 ringgit NIA.
"MAH" - Almost same with "LAH", but not so strongly as it.
  • She is like that one MAH.
"MEH" - Use to ask question.
  • Really MEH? Yea MEH? Cannot MEH?
"LIAO" - Means "already".
  • I eat LIAO.
"AH" - Used at the end of the sentences.
  • Is that true AH?
"LOR" - Used for explaining something.
  • Like that and like this LOR!
"GOT" - Uses of proper English " TO HAVE". Translet from Malay "ADA"
  • You GOT 50 cent?
"LEH" - Used to soften an order.
  • Help me LEH.
"ONE" - Used as an emphasis at the end of a sentence.
  • Like that ONE ah?

LOL! Lastly, here is a joke to share, Mr. Murali, enjoy it! =)!

UK Immigration Officer: Purpose of visit?
Visitor: I’m here to study law, sir.
Officer: You know, you must have a lot of lawyers in Malaysia .
Visitor: Why do you say that?
Officer: Well, i’ve been here for a good twenty years, and I’d say 80% of Malaysians I see here say they’re here to read law.
Visitor: Oh, really? That’s really something i never knew. Hard to believe in fact.
Officer: Just you watch, then. You just stand here until the next Malaysian comes along, and I’ll bet he’s here to read law.

*Visitor waits for 5 mins, Ah Chong from Malaysia comes to immigration counter*

Officer: Mr. Ah Chong, purpose of visit?
Ah Chong: Study lORRR…


Good Night Everyone! ^.^


By

Soo Phik Tee


No comments: